"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path's straight."
Proverbs 3: 5-6

Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Potty Time!!!


About 2 months ago Zoe started letting me know that she was about to "go". So, I think she's ready to start potty training and I buy the pull-ups and the potty. She was really excited about the pull-ups which she called poo pants. Whenever she "went" or was about to she would go to the little princess box and get one out for me. However, she was absolutely terrified of the potty. I did actually get her to sit on it once but she was holding on to my leg for dear life. Anytime she entered the bathroom I would ask if she needed to go potty and she would shake her head frantically saying no and back out of the bathroom. I didn't push the issue. She's only 18 months and I figured when she's ready she'll go. Well.... this past weekend she decided out of the blue that she wanted to sit on the potty. I was absolutely ecstatic and of course took a picture (which I'm sure she will probably hate me for one day). She didn't do anything but I was just glad that she was no longer afraid... we were taking a step forward. On the downside, I saw her later getting her ball and paci out of it. I hope that she doesn't continue to store things in there because that could turn out pretty bad. Anywho, last night she was in the tub and she said she had to poo-poo. So I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty and she said "yes" (I didn't want to be cleaning out the tub as I have done a few times before). She did it!!!!! Well, she tinkled (poo-poo can mean either or). I was freaking out and then Cody came in and he was all excited and she just looked at us like we had lost our minds! I know this is kind-of a disgusting topic but I'm just so excited. Hopefully she will keep it up and I won't have to buy soooo many diapers.

No comments: