"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path's straight."
Proverbs 3: 5-6

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Next Taylor Swift ;-)

sorry the pics aren't clear..





Caleigh has participated in Eastwood Idol for the past 3 years. This year was the first time she did a solo performance and she won 1st place!!! We were sooo excited and proud! I think it was also the most nervous I have ever been in my entire life!!! The first 4 finalists that they called were all singers ( & 3 of them were her best friends that were having a slumber party afterwards) so I was certain that they wouldn't choose another singer. I was just sitting there thinking ' I can't let her go to the party when she would be the only one that wasn't chosen as a finalist' and then they called her name. RELIEF!!! There was some serious competition this year... very talented kids... so I was especially proud of her just for making it as a finalist. And then winning ~ YAY!!! I think my dad and my brother were both fighting back a tear or two and I know Mimi Vicki was crying. She was so happy!! Congratulations, Caleigh!! We are all so very proud of you!



*i have been trying to upload the video for 2 weeks now but it just isn't going to work ~ i will try again later but wanted to get this post up since it has already been a month*

No comments: